General information about cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of information in the form of very small text, that get saved on the user’s browser on his/her personal computer, smartphone and tablet, helping the more efficient operation of our website. In no way do cookies cause harm on the user’s personal computer and files stored in them. The information stored on the cookies are used for identification and optimization purposes.
There are the following cookies categories:
- Those necessary for the operation of the website: These cookies are necessary in order for the website to function properly and serve the purpose of user’s visit (e.g. information). They allow the basic functions of the website such as navigation, access to secure areas of the website and usage of the shopping cart. These cookies do not recognize your personal identity. Without these cookies we cannot offer an effective operation of our website.
- Performance: These cookies help to measure the visits and traffic of the website in order to improve its performance. Through these we learn what is the traffic of visitors/ users in websites, which websites are more popular, and whether visitors/ users receive error messages from webpages. The information collected from cookies is collective and anonymous and does not identify a visitor/ user. If you prohibit the use of these cookies then we will not be able to know that you have visited our website and as a result we will not be able to monitor its performance and improve it.
- Functionality: These cookies enable our website to offer you personalization and improved functionality according to your needs and interests. They are designated either by us or by third party service providers whose services have been added on the website (for example video viewing, social media use). The information collected by these cookies may become anonymous and it is not possible to monitor the browser activity on other websites. If the use of these cookies is prohibited then some or all of these services may not work properly and your access to the website’s content may become restricted.
- Targeting/ Advertising: We reserve the right to use, in accordance with current legislation, the information we have received through the cookies and through the analysis of the use of our website by its visitors/ users, in order to show you specific advertisments and personalized offers regarding our products or services. In addition, these cookies help us measure the efficiency of our advertising campaigns. Finally, these cookies may be used so that we can rememeber the webpages you have visited in order to determine which online marketing channels are most effective and allow us to reward external websites and partners who promote you to us.
Use of Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics on our website www.ilep.gr. Google helps us gather information about how users use our website, in order to improve its functionality and content and the user/ visitor experience.
How to prevent cookies from being stored on your hard drive and/ or delete them
To delete cookies that have been activated at any time, follow the instructions of each browser below:
- For Mozilla click here
- For Google Chrome click here
- For Internet Explorer click here
- For Safari click here
- For Opera click here
Learn more about cookies
You may find further information about cookies by clicking here.